[Emerging-Sigs] 2 SIGS: ET SCAN Inspathx Path Disclosure Scanner

Joel Esler jesler at sourcefire.com
Fri Oct 1 13:02:30 EDT 2010

I just want to let you guys know that I am not ignoring this thread.  It's
piled into this 400+ email inbox I have right now, but no excuses.

I've been told, by several people within Sourcefire, developers and VRT
alike that nocase has little to no impact on performance.  The case
normalization takes place all within the fast pattern matcher upon Snort
start up.  So I don't think it has any direct impact on line speed
performance.

Unfortunately, the guy to ask about the fast pattern matcher is not in the
office right now, so I can't get you a more technical description, but I'll
try as soon as I can.

Joel