[Emerging-Sigs] Properly handling dynamic IP rules (compromised, botcc, etc)

Joe Pampel jpampel at paladyne.com
Mon Oct 11 11:49:30 EDT 2010

Team Cymru runs bogon route servers which dynamically updates (via BGP) routing tables for unallocated prefixes. Seems to be a sensible model for quick updates.  (and if you're not using it, you probably should. Disclaimer:  I use it & I am a big fan.)  What I mean is provide a BGP peering session for "bad" prefixes.

Not sure if this is something they would be able to assist with or if it's a path that is worth looking into for someone else. If you're really talking about null routing people, why have the IDS do it when you have routers already?  Save cycles for all the cool stuff that only the IDS can do...

JM2C, ICBW, YMMV and the usual disclaimers apply . . .