[Emerging-Sigs] FPs on "ET USER_AGENTS Suspicious User-Agent (contains loader)"

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at emergingthreatspro.com
Tue Oct 12 18:19:21 EDT 2010

Ya, this is an oldie but a goodie. I've found good things on this, but it's definitely not a 100% bad hit. That's why we called it suspicious vs bad.

I don't know of a good way to eliminate those hits. They're interesting to a degree depending on your environment.

Any ideas?

Matt

On Oct 12, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Jeff Kell wrote:

> Not sure what the original was intended to look for, but would anchoring the "loader"
> with a leading space do the trick?  or was this a generic catch for uploader/downloader?
>
> Jeff
>
> On 10/12/2010 2:06 PM, Jeff Kell wrote:
>> On 10/11/2010 6:46 PM, Jeff Kell wrote:
>>> This signature fires on the Inno Setup Downloader (see
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inno_Setup ).
>> Also FPs on "Blizzard Downloader"  (World of Warcraft update engine).
>>
>> Jeff

Matthew Jonkman
Emergingthreats.net
Phone 765-807-8630