[Emerging-Sigs] URL Change Reminder

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at emergingthreatspro.com
Sat Oct 23 12:48:21 EDT 2010

On Endian, they're about to release an update I'm told that will push them to the new url. Lets hope everyone takes the update. You'll also be able to use the ET Pro ruleset within Endian natively as well, we're very excited about that!

I think it'll take some time, but we'll eventually get them all moved to the new better rules.

Matt

On Oct 23, 2010, at 12:40 PM, Jason Lewis wrote:

> I'm guessing those 100k sites aren't going to change much.  Endian FW
> uses ET for updating rules for the local snort install.  There isn't
> an easy way to change the URL from the gui.  It's built off IPCop, so
> I suspect those systems have similar issues.
>
> Reminds me of those hardcoded NTP servers.
>
> jas
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Matthew Jonkman
> <jonkman at emergingthreatspro.com> wrote:
>> Just a reminder, we still have about 100k sites going to the old download link for the rulesets. If you've not changed to http://rules.emergingthreats.net/ you ARE NOT GETTING NEW RULES. Please take a moment to visit there, choose your platform and ruleset choice, and you'll enjoy  much better performing ruleset for your exact platform of snort or suricata.
>>
>> The old link will remain there until we drop on the number of users hitting it. Eventually I think it may be safe to redirect to the snort-2.8.4 rules (as that's equivalent to where we were) and we won't break too many installs.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Matt

>> Matthew Jonkman
>> Emergingthreats.net
>> Emerging Threats Pro
>> Open Information Security Foundation (OISF)
>> Phone 765-807-8630
>> Fax 312-264-0205
>> http://www.emergingthreatspro.com
>> http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org
>>
>> Support Emerging Threats! Get your ET Stuff! Tshirts, Coffee Mugs and Lanyards
>> http://www.emergingthreats.net/index.php/support-et-and-buy-et-schwag.html

Matthew Jonkman
Emergingthreats.net
Phone 765-807-8630