[Emerging-Sigs] ET uni-directional TCP "IP only" rules are a mistake

David.R.Wharton@regions.com David.R.Wharton at regions.com
Wed Oct 19 12:04:09 EDT 2011

The malvertising rules don't make sense being uni-directional in-bound the
way they are now since most connections to malvertisers are going to
initiate from the client's browser.  Similarly for the botcc rules.

That said, a simple sed on emerging-rbn-malvertisers.rules,
emerging-rbn.rules, emerging-botcc.rules, etc. will fix this so it is easy
to deal with on my end; I just thought the global rules repos should be
changed too.

sed -i 's/flags:S;/flags:S+;/g'

-David