[Emerging-Sigs] ET uni-directional TCP "IP only" rules are a mistake

William Salusky william.salusky at teamaol.com
Wed Oct 19 12:20:39 EDT 2011

You didn't provide an example of which rule(s) you were referring, but
considering malvertising is a major issue I am involved in the
investigation of, there are indeed intentional uni-directional rules
that target server responses and should/would never fire on client ->
server requests.

It's not a mistake if you know exactly what you are looking for.